Family practice physician Paul Laven, DO has dedicated his life to the health and well-being of patients and their families for more than 20 years. His focused changed when the health of his elderly parents started to fail and he conducted an in-depth search for an affordable living option that provided both personalized medical supervision as well as a warm and loving environment.
What Dr. Laven discovered was a tremendous need for alternative living options for our senior population, especially when one partner gets ill or needs assistance and home care is a financial burden. While caring for others had always been his passion, helping this segment of the senior community became his new mission.
Our Parents Home became the place where Dr. Laven, and others like him, could give their parents a new home that met all their needs while giving their children and loved ones complete peace of mind.
“My vision was to create a home which is full of life and laughs, celebrating special moments, while enriching our resident’s lives. I also want to provide families the peace of mind knowing their parents are safe, well cared for, and loved.”
• Loves that first cup of strong coffee in the morning.
• Gets his daily dose of laughter – which truly is the best medicine – by watching The Ellen Show.
• Finds that sitting on the beach or on a deck overlooking water brings peace and tranquility.
• Compares his love of wandering through the aisles of a Home Depot with his love of travel. You never know what you will discover!
• Feels that his dog is proof that dogs are man’s best friend.
• Loves to garden, work with his hands, and see what grows.
• Daily exercise, preferably outdoors, keeps him sane.
• His most guilty pleasure is movie theatre popcorn – to go so that he can enjoy it at home!